NSW unregistered marriage in Australia and divorce

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

adam20570

25 May 2018
Hi
I married my ex wife overseas , she came on a spouse visa and later on she got the citizenship , Our marriage wasn't registered in Australia.
I divorced her 9 years later overseas and received a divorce certificate. I am planning to marry another women overseas and apply for her souse visa , Do I have to divorce my ex wife in Australia , And do I have to wait for one year for the separation and divorce ?

Thanks

Sammmy

2 July 2018
I have been married to Australian girl from 2007 and we are separated from FEB 2016. In between we talked about divorce and she said she will do it as i was not aware with procedure here. Thinking she already did it i went overseas this year and got married to second wife march this year. Now after i got back i was planning to launch file for her as partner visa. but i find out first wife didn't go ahead with divorce procedure. Now i have applied for divorce and hearing is in September. Now what can happen if i wants to call my second wife over here? What visa i should apply with ? some people told my second marriage is not legal so in that case can i marry her again after divorce of course by launching file for PMV ? but me and my second wife legally married and got marriage certificate too. She got my name is spouse on her passport too.. She is from India. Please help me out..