Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

QLD Rental Car Quote - Pay Additional Charge?

Discussion in 'Australian Consumer Law Forum' started by SAMIAM, 1 June 2015.

1. SAMIAM

SAMIAM Member

I asked rentalcars.com for a quote to hire a rental car with full cover, 2 drivers and pick up at one point and drop off at another. They sent a quote by email:

I go to book and find a $100 charge for car being dropped at another place other than pick up point. I have contacted rentalcars.com who are a broker for the car rental company (who add this charge). I believe I should be paying the quoted price only. I asked for a quote for different pick up drop off points. That is what I got and there is no mention of any surcharge.

Do I have grounds to provide the email quote to the rental car company and ask them to fulfil at quote price and not be expected to pay $100 charge? Thanks for your help.

2. DennisD

DennisD Well-Known Member

As a first port of call, one option for you to consider is giving them a call, explaining the discrepancy, then seeing if they're responsive as you'd seem to have a reasonable point there.

If things don't go as expected, we could discuss supplier obligations to ensure prices are clear and accurate.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ivy

Ivy Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...