- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

NSW Questions on Extending Student Visa and Dependent Visa

Discussion in 'Immigration Law Forum' started by Van Tran, 2 February 2016.

  1. Van Tran

    Van Tran Member

    2 February 2016
    Likes Received:
    Good afternoon,

    I'm on a student visa and my boyfriend is a dependent of my visa. We are preparing to extend the visa. I changed school and got a new CoE.

    Today, I would like to ask, is it possible for me to apply for my visa first and then apply for his later? Or should we apply at the same time? Also, how long will our applications be processed, how much do we need to pay, and is it possible if my boyfriend just pays OSHC half term first? Does he need to pay for the whole visa like me?

  2. Victoria S

    Victoria S Well-Known Member

    9 April 2014
    Likes Received:
    You must extend your OSHC policy until the expected expiry date of your new student visa.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page