QLD QP9 Timeframe for Release by Police?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Tom Rogers

11 August 2014
When do the police release their QP9? My Legal Aid lawyer is trying but keeps putting me off saying when they are ready. I was charged on under criminal law the 27/7/14, first mention is 26/8/14.

Sarah J

16 July 2014
Melbourne, Victoria
Hi Tom,

A QP9 is usually picked up at the first mention. You may contact the police directly and ask them to provide you with a copy of the QP9 before the first mention date. Police have a duty to release the QP9 as soon as possible.

Reactions: John R

Tom Rogers

11 August 2014
Thankyou Sarah J, I have applied for QP9 & sent it registerd mail (lady at post office said to, it gives a time & date) with money order & copy of ID.
Thanks again, Tom

Tom Rogers

11 August 2014
I have a copy of QP9 & it contains lies, missing information & deliberately with held information. The 1st mention is this tuesday.
If the prosecution presents this to magistrate is this perjury?
Can I get charges dismissed on this basis?
Is dismissed with predujice a thing?
I will also ask for costs.
I am not willing to allow police/prosecution to withdraw charges, in case they try to refile.
This is my 1st time at this as i have no history at all, any advice is greatly appreciated.

John R

14 April 2014
Sydney
Hi @Tom Rogers,
You may consider preparing a document for your legal aid appointed lawyer (or duty lawyer) to rely on at your first mention.
This document should be:
  1. clear and concise (ideally bullet points instead of lengthy paragraphs);
  2. cross-reference statements in the QP9 and set out why you believe each statement is false, missing key information, etc.; and
  3. attach any supporting evidence that you have (e.g. printouts of SMS messages, etc.) to support your responses.
Hope this helps. Please keep us updated with your progress.

Tom Rogers

11 August 2014
Spoke to duty lawyer, plead not guilty, granted adjournment to obtain FULL breif of evidence. QP9 is not worth the paper it is printed on, QLD police are under no obligation to present facts. Disgusted that in 2014 the QLD police can still act like communism is alive & they are unacountable.
Shameful lying SCUM in uniform!!!!

Tom Rogers

11 August 2014
little upset posting previous comment, intend to lodge comlaint with CMC via their website :
On the 26th day of August 2014, the Queensland Police Service did intend to present court brief general QP9 Case file ID: CO**********, to the Magistrates Court.

Court brief general QP9 Case file ID: CO********** is a false and misleading statement, it contains

- known falsified information

- known misleading information

- deliberately with-held information

QP9 Case file ID: CO********** was intended to be presented as evidence before a Magistrate.

Its intent was to deceive for the purpose of unlawfully obtaining a conviction(s).

John R

14 April 2014
Sydney
Hi @Tom Rogers,
I appreciate your frustration. My only suggestion would be to consider resolving your matter before the courts as first priority and then escalating your complaint with the CMC, etc. All the best. Please keep us updated with your progress.

Tom Rogers

11 August 2014
I intend to lodge a subponea for production with the arresting officer & the investigating officer (if they are 2 different officers). To be served the instant my legal rep. has FULL breif of evidence.
It wil be for all notes made, statements made, anything relevant to case - to prove complainants story has changed & prosecution are aware of this.
Possible/not ???
How do I obtain a copy of the "MYVEIW" footage? Arresting officer was issued with it. (digital recoreder, video & audio)