QLD Received QP9 - Definition of "Indecent Treatment"?

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by AnthonyC, 7 September 2014.

1. Jodie1975

Jodie1975 Active Member

I used to have the utmost respect for the legal system but through this process have lost a lot of faith in the decency of our law enforcement system.

My older daughter was in the room when the alleged touching occurred. What she saw was an arm around a shoulder and what the alleged ‘victim’ told me was that he put his arm around her shoulder but this what after she told her school teacher that her stepfather had touched her ‘inappropriately’.

We’ve got a damn good barrister and none of the story adds up...she couldn’t even recall what happened when questioned during the prerecord but still the case goes on.

I know exactly what you mean by them painting you in the worst possible light. My husband didn’t take the stand but I did. The prosecutor started a personal attack on me. The fact that I stayed with him...surely I must condone that sort of behaviour. If I thought for a second that he’d done what she claimed I would have left him that day.

Is there a way out or do you just compile every scrap of evidence you have and keep riding the rollercoaster

2. Bill Murray

Bill Murray Well-Known Member

Nearly everyone in jail will tell you they are innocent. It was a stitch up they will tell you.

3. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Well-Known Member

Our Court Systems are by no means infallible. In certain categories of cases, things run more on innuendo than evidence. The real perpetrators of these wrong acts do them in secrecy, behind closed doors. Therefore it can be much more difficult than in other cases to establish the truth. Unfortunately, this does result in innocent people being caught up in all this. Even the young person who has made the complaint may not fully understand what they are saying, or how it is going to be interpreted - or even how far the Police and Prosecution will run with it... foaming at the mouth like rabid dogs. As I've said before, it is an extremely adversarial system. I've lived it. I sincerely hope that you never have to be on the receiving end of this in the Courts, but I can certainly tell you that it would open your eyes a great deal !

4. Jodie1975

Jodie1975 Active Member

I totally understand your stance and I’d be inclined to agree but I think you have failed to take many factors into account. Yes there are sick individuals in the world who perpetuate crimes against innocent children and they should be dealt with accordingly. There is however also good honest individuals who find themselves on the receiving end of horrible allegations that they have to defend themselves against. Some kids don’t understand the gravity of the allegations they are making but it can tear a family apart. Unless you have lived this you are really not in a position to place judgement

5. J Dillon

J Dillon Active Member

Anthony, you should check out my post on here. I have been charged with the same Accusation and i will be pleading NOT GUILTY! it went as far as my PC being seized by the police, charged, arrested and put on bail for it.

I am going to legal aid as i can not afford a top notch lawyer, also the " stepdaughter's " boyfriend who is 21 and she is 16 has blatantly lied to the police about me so i am hoping i can get all charges dropped and then i will be counter suing them.

Is this just a teenage girl thing or what? do all teens go through this stage?

i mean if there is a conviction and there shouldn't be, this could also ruin my life :(

6. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Well-Known Member

J Dillon, I'm not judging you, but parts of your story are a bit unsavoury, and unlikely to win you too many sympathy votes. Also, you do seem a little overconfident in our Legal System. All I can say to you is best of luck. I hope the truth comes out and Justice is served.

7. J Dillon

J Dillon Active Member

I know it seems that way, but it’s all been blown out of proportion. And I’m used to being judged. I’m hoping the truth comes out and as I said in my post, I have never touched her in a sexual way ever.