NSW Protecting Children

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Carmel_25

5 March 2021
My 4 children have not seen the other parent for almost 3yrs. They have been issued with a avo and the other parent is not allowed within 100m or to enter on to school grounds ect. They are now trying to claim parental alienation as they have asked for supervised visitation which had to be denied under the advise of the magistrate, prosecutor and police. I was told that eventually supervised visitation may be forced upon them but how do I do that? They are scared and want nothing to do with the other parent. They are finally starting to relax as we moved and the other parent does not know our address.

How do I break their trust when I have promised to protect them? It seems that family court can rule over the protection orders put in place by the police and magistrate. We have spent the last 3yrs in counselling dealing with severe PTSD and this may push them over the edge. The other parent is now trying to claim parental alienation as I have refused contact. I have no money for a lawyer and no idea what to do. Any advice would be appropriated.

Atticus

6 February 2019
I was told that eventually supervised visitation may be forced upon them but how do I do that? They are scared and want nothing to do with the other parent. They are finally starting to relax as we moved and the other parent does not know our address.
Supervised visits will have to be either agreed to by you or by court order... a lot would depend on the evidence, but if SV are ordered, it would be at an accredited supervision centre, fully staffed by trained personnel, & likley at the other parties full cost..

They will not have to know your address or have any contact with you