NSW Property Settlement - What to do with a gold digger ex-wife

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

DozFiha

12 October 2020
Hi,
I bought a house in 2009 for $ 400K. The house prices were down at the time due to GFC.
My family paid 260K deposit from inheritance money they received, so the bank loan was about 150K.
The house is actually for my parents but was put under my name since I was the one working at the time and could get the loan.
Sadly I got married to a gold digger from overseers in mid-2014. The house was worth about 650K at the time of marriage (house prices went up significantly).
I refinanced the house in 2018 to pay for renovations and other major expenses (including bringing her family which costed me about 75K), and the bank loan became about 400K.
I was living with my ex-wife and 4 year kid in a rented apartment. My parents were living in the house with 2 of my siblings.
My parents were paying the mortgage; and the deal was that if I ever want to live in the house, I pay my parents the difference in market value (house market value minus bank loan).
In early 2019 I moved in the house because my ex kept insisting I ask my parents to leave. The house was worth 700K at this time. So 400K of bank loan and 300K of loan with my parents.
I separated in mid-2020 and the house is worth about 750K.
My gold digger wife is now denying I have a 300K loan with my parents - but I have evidence (such as monthly payments, agreement, photos, etc. - not sure how significant these will be in the court).
Nonetheless, the house has gone up about 100-150K in value during our marriage from mid-2014 to 2020 (not sure if this is the relevant money to be divided). I have 400K loan with bank, and about 300K loan with my parents.
The initial court hearing didn't look into property settlement, the court gave her primary carer responsibility of our 4 year old kid despite her abusive behaviour towards the kid.
She never worked and I was the only one bringing money and paying for absolutely everything (including wedding, honeymoon, holidays, her partner visa fees, her TAFE education, childcare when she was studying, etc). Her counter argument is that she did the house duties and I didn't let her work because I was controlling, abusive, lie lie lie (she is very low quality woman)!
What should I be expecting in the next court hearing regarding the house (assume all other assets/debts are small/negligible)?
Any help would be great. Thank you!

Last edited: