WA Property Rights - Possible to See Golf Course Title on Golf Estate?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

andrew collis

18 October 2015
Hi. I live on a golf estate and recently the members of the golf club have purchased the entire course from the recent developer, our fourth so far. I was curious how I could find out exactly what they actually own and the classification and title of land? Their intentions to enforce its private property rights has me concerned, especially as their are no fences that mark their property, but there are numerous public hazards to fix from errant golf balls, unlicensed golf carts and more development planned.

These issues do not seem important to the golf club and new owners, however the residents are receiving letters of demand and signs saying saying do not enter the course by order .

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
What are they demanding?

Does your property share a boundary with the golf course?

andrew collis

18 October 2015
What are they demanding?

Does your property share a boundary with the golf course?
We do share a boundary as some houses back on to fairways yet there is no actual fences in half of the estate to mark that it's very unclear. Some three developers ago , each profit from pre existing golf views then leave the place unfinished is a cost saver , with public hazards galore . now that the members supposedly own this golf course and wish to enforce private property rights ?

Unfortunately i can not see any of these matters being fixed unless a civil case against the club is sought . when windows are broken by errant golf balls and golfers crawling around your garden is also a trespass and the club has not engaged the residents at all well ..I'm wanting to see the so called title ? or is the recent developer fooling everyone ? does landgate release such info .

Thanks for your reply