WA Private car sale

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

shell291

16 August 2022
I sold a car last week privately (cash handed over and transfer form signed on the spot and submitted to transport office 2 days later) and 36 hours later the buyer calls up and yells down the phone 'you sold me a lemon, the car broke down on the way home'. We were only aware of 2 issues with the car, air conditioning needs to be re-gassed and the ABS warning sounded, neither of these affected function of the car and both issues were disclosed to the buyer. The buyer took the car for a 10 min test drive but did not lift the engine or inspect the car in any way. The buyer wants her money back and us to take the car back or pay for all repairs. We keep informed her that once she signed the form and handed over money the car is legally now hers. But today (5 days later) she came to my property and again demanded her money back or all repairs paid for, I ended up calling the Police as she was yelling and ranting and raving but as soon as she was told this she calmed down. (the police contacted me by phone about half and hour later and as she had left my property at that time they did not attend but suggested if she visits again to call the Police again). We visited a police station a few days ago and was informed this is a civil matter and not a police issue and we have now contacted a solicitor. I am now concerned she will return to my property and damage items.

Does she have a case to sue us?