SA Pretend Assault for YouTube Video

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Hmmm, the law doesn't care about whether or not police were intended to be called. Might be best now to get legal advice.

Roger Wilkinson

19 March 2015
I don't mean to be rude, however a few posts ago you stated this
Sounds like you did not intend for the police to be called. The onus is on the police proving you intentionally wanted them called.
now it seems you are stating the opposite. Anyway, thank you for your help once again, I will contact a legal firm.

Kind regards

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
now it seems you are stating the opposite.

No. I had assumed because you didn't want the police called you didn't expect people to think a real offence was occurring.

As for your cameras, you can ask but it is unlikely as they are probably being held as evidence. You can suggest the police return the cameras but hold the storage cards but again don't like your chances. You may also want to try to get a copy of the footage if the police are using the footage as evidence. Ask your lawyer about the cameras and footage.

Arche

20 March 2015
Here's the thing. You wanted to test whether people would intervene but you didn't stop to think that "intervention" might include calling the Police?
Yes they will have to prove intention because it forms part of the offence. Not saying you didn't start out with good intentions.
I'd be talking to a lawyer.