QLD Precedent Family Law Queensland

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

GlassHalfFull

28 August 2018
I assume you didn't file a contravention of the orders when she was withholding... That's usually what you need to do in order to get something done about it. I don't know how a judge is going to feel about it down the track when you haven't taken the breach of the orders seriously enough to bring it to the court's attention when it happened?

sammy01

27 September 2015
ok so the first case I mentioned - Pork chop vs pork chop...
This is what you wanna avoid. Where the court has to determine which of you is the biggest pork chop and in the best interests of the kids determine that one porkchop should have primary care and sole parental responsibility and the other porkchop gets sent home...

Let me quote again from that judge
"This is a very sad case. Since separation, all of the children have lived with their father and become estranged from their mother. To an extraordinary extent, the parents have allowed their wish to hurt each other to overwhelm their wish to foster the wellbeing of their children. "

So don't worry about names of judges etc...

Given allegations that have been proven false - this is your case

even though the allegations against you are not quite as horrific as this poor punter.

I reckon you'd be better seeking a good behavour bond where she risks a fine for not complying rather than a temp sole parental responsibility order?

Davidfc007

26 November 2019
There is an open contravene application on the court record since May 2018, weeks after the withholding started, it’s taken this long to get to a directions hearing, for a number of reasons but most due to a lying ICL protecting a lying mother.

I asked for the matter to be moved from the federal circuit court to the family court, which has now happened, the final directions hearing is in 2 weeks.

GlassHalfFull

28 August 2018
Oh wow, I thought contraventions were usually dealt with in a single hearing. What has happened so far with respect to the contravention application then?

sammy01

27 September 2015
I’m just waiting on going to trial and trying to find the most appropriate case to support my application. From what I've read, the applicant doesn't need to reference other cases. Just establish a breach has happened and there are no reasonable grounds. Sounds like you're all over that bit...

so when did you see your child last? has the ex re-instated visits?

Reading between the lines I think you're all over this and you're not being a pork chop. You should feel confident of getting a decent result... Gee I'm really keen to hear how you go.