QLD Possible to Move Up Family Court Trial Date?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

StillSmiling

10 June 2017
Frankston
Thanks again.

So the problem is that while in court, my Lawyer asked if we would be able to file an application in case at a later date, with the family report writer being examined and the Judge said no, as she considered it to be a mini trial and stated she doesn't have capacity.

So now I'm being told I cannot even put an application in case as the judge said she wouldn't hear it if we did. And I assume that if we do, it will just be shot down.

Seems ridiculous to me?

StillSmiling

10 June 2017
Frankston
Been a little while since this post - wondering whether you went ahead with an Application in a Case for more time with the children before Final hearing and if so, what the outcome was? Did the Judge throw it out? Am in similar situation and wondering whether it's worth the effort to proceed.

Billbobson

15 March 2016
Been a little while since this post - wondering whether you went ahead with an Application in a Case for more time with the children before Final hearing and if so, what the outcome was? Did the Judge throw it out? Am in similar situation and wondering whether it's worth the effort to proceed.

No luck as yet. I'm following up with a barrister at the moment to see if we can do anything and if the judge is able to even make that decision. I beg you have the same judge as me... Poor you if you do, the judge has a known preference for mums.