QLD Family Dispute Resolution - How to Stop Trial Call Over?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Migz

20 November 2016
Hi All,

Quick question, and yes I appear to have made a mistake at my previous hearing back in September 2017. I was rather bullish and kept demanding an early trial. I have been sent paperwork stating that trial call over is now at the end of the month. The ex's family lawyer seems to be privvy to inside information, and have told me via email, that the Judge has advised her that the last date for filing is the 20th of this month...

I have no paperwork stating this. She goes onto say they they are hoping for an early listing in the first week of March.

Question, how do I stop this from happening as I would like to carry out the following:

An increase in time with my daughter, a new Family Report written up, and an attempt at Lawyer Represented Family Dispute Resolution, and the mother to provide her latest Final Orders which her lawyer says are being written up (for the past week).

Please note our child is only 1. Turning 2 in a few months.

Any help?

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
1: There must be orders setting out the filing deadlines. Are you registered on the portal? Do they have your correct address for sending documents too?

2: If you didnt want an urgent hearing.. why ask for it? What reason was it granted for?

3: There is no "privvy" to information like hearing dates and filing deadlines, it is made available to ALL parties.

4: The child is only two.. what exactly are you asking for or expect to get?

Billbobson

15 March 2016
Hi All,

Quick question, and yes I appear to have made a mistake at my previous hearing back in September 2017. I was rather bullish and kept demanding an early trial. I have been sent paperwork stating that trial call over is now at the end of the month. The ex's family lawyer seems to be privvy to inside information, and have told me via email, that the Judge has advised her that the last date for filing is the 20th of this month...

I have no paperwork stating this. She goes onto say they they are hoping for an early listing in the first week of March.

Any help?
Gah, this boils my blood. I've been waiting since October 2016 to get into trial call over - and we have the same judge. Started this when my child ceased 2 and she's turning 5 this year and still no certainly regarding call over or trial.