QLD Another Family Court Report

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Migz

20 November 2016
Federal Court Judge is now requesting another Family Court Report be carried out in January 2019, my question is, why is the Judge not using the previous Family Court Report Writer in our case?

Is there any legislation in the Family Law act that stipulates some form of consistency...as you don't hear of ICL's being changed through out an ongoing court case. Once again I see this as another money draining exercise come TRIAL, instead of paying for the one Family Court Reporter to be cross examined you would now have to pay for both of them to turn up...UNREAL.

sammy01

27 September 2015
I'm hopeful that you're seeing a magistrate that is dragging the chain because it is a hell of a lot more justifiable to make orders giving you lots of time when the kid is 4 than when the kid is 2...

Maybe the mag is after a new report to see if things have improved as far as the kid's relationship with you?

Migz

20 November 2016
Either that or its the final nail in the coffin, as I have been given a heads up, that the Judge and this Court Reporter used to work together a lifetime ago.

I have a great relationship (for only 8 hours a week) with the Child, it was even noted in the previous report, as the 15 minute playtime you get to spend together was great, the rest of the report was a load of crap, even still, I'd prefer to have the same lady do it again, as its only one person to subpoena come trial...

sammy01

27 September 2015
mate I would not worry much about 'heads up' rumours. I'd like to think these dudes are a little bit more professional than stopping a bloke seeing his kid as a favour to an old work mate.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au