Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW On Working Holiday Visa - Pay Insurance?

Discussion in 'Employment Law Forum' started by Lauren Barnes, 11 August 2016.

  1. Lauren Barnes

    Lauren Barnes Member

    11 August 2016
    Likes Received:
    I am here on a working holiday visa and will be freelancing for a temporary period. I have heard that there are certain insurances required by law that I need to pay for. What are these? I will be going into the company's office and using their facilities.

  2. Sophea

    Sophea Guest

    What industry are you in? What type of work is it?

    Generally speaking - I would think only maybe public liability insurance. However I don't think even that is compulsory. You just run the risk that if you set the building on fire while you are in there, you will be up for a mint.

Share This Page