Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Alert

7 June 2019
Hello,
I have had my signature forged on numerous occasions, on numerous documents which are Vendor Statements and Sales Authorities.
I signed one Sales Authority and I did not sign any Vendor Statements.
I have previously requested the Sales Authority form as I was not provided with this when I left. I have been sent ‘7’ Sales Authority forms, yes 7, when I only signed 1, all signatures are different.
I have had no luck receiving the Vendors copy for the Sales Authority and I believe I will not have any luck receiving this at all.
I was sent Vendor Statements and the signature on them are all different and I did not sign any Vendor Statements.
It has been lie after lie after lie.
I have had 2 offers on 4 properties and they have been so ridiculous, half the asking price.
With everything I have, the proof is staring you in the face.
What procedures can I take so this does not occur to anyone else, I believe this has occurred on many occasions and will continue if there are no consequences for this despicable behaviour. I would appreciate anyone’s thoughts.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Have you suffered any loss?

Who is forging the signatures?

Have you reported the matter to police?

Alert

7 June 2019
Have you suffered any loss?

Who is forging the signatures?

Have you reported the matter to police?
Thanks Rod, I have not suffered any loss that I’m aware of.

I have not reported this to police, they are aware as they visited me due to a ‘welfare phone call’ that was unexpected. It was the real estate that rang the police to check on my welfare! I explained what was going on at that point and now have more proof of forging my signature.

I have reported this and given all evidence to CAV. I’ve signed a stat dec with names, dates and times down to the seconds.

The reason I haven’t reported this to police formally is I don’t want to use the local police as I believe it won’t go any further.

I believe the real estate have forged my signature.

I need to know the appropriate department to report this.

I have 100% proof for this allegation.

Thanks Rod.

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
Sounds to me like you've already taken the appropriate action by reporting to CAV. I would advise waiting for a response (which will probably take a while) before considering any further action.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
I agree CAV is the way to go. They can strike agent off as a licensed agent - assuming they are licensed.

Reporting to the police should be done anyway. At least then there is a report of the complaint.

Alert

7 June 2019
Sounds to me like you've already taken the appropriate action by reporting to CAV. I would advise waiting for a response (which will probably take a while) before considering any further action.
Thankyou Scruff. I would like to report this, not to the local police though

Alert

7 June 2019
I agree CAV is the way to go. They can strike agent off as a licensed agent - assuming they are licensed.

Reporting to the police should be done anyway. At least then there is a report of the complaint.
Thanks Rod, is there anyone in specific you may suggest for me. I don’t want to report local.