NSW Lent Items Being Sold Without Permission?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

DanielRoso

14 February 2015
I lent a small hifi system I own to a local club (I was until recently on Board of Directors). Some of the speakers with this were not being used at the time, so they were put away until needed. Last week I went in search for a couple of these speakers as I was going to use them for a party I was having. But, they could not be found... When asked where they were, all denied knowing or seeing them.

This afternoon, I came across the same speakers being sold at my local Tender Centre. I can't be sure they are mine, but they are the exact same ones that are missing.

Where do I stand, and what is the best course of action I can take to see if they are mine, and if so get them back?

John R

14 April 2014
Sydney
Hi @DanielRoso
You may consider:
  1. Subject to the value of the speakers, writing off the apparent loss as a life lesson.
  2. Drafting a formal, written request to the local club asking about the whereabouts of the speakers, whether they were sent to the Tender Centre and/or who was the last club member that had possession of the speakers.
  3. Explaining your situation to the Tender Centre and asking them who submitted the speakers for sale.
  4. If the above options are unsatisfactory to you, attending your local police station and submit a police report for the apparent theft of your speakers.
Hope this helps. Please keep us updated with your progress.