Is this business legal? Could they get into trouble in the future?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

mattyp

15 March 2021
Just wondering if this business is legal to operate in Australia?

Its basically a business that runs promotional giveaways. They make people pay entry fee for tickets which I didn't think was legal but they turn it into being legal by saying that the entry fee is a membership fee which they get for a specific amount of days with other benefits from it too. I have read online and am quite confused.

www.motorcultureaustralia.com
www.thesupremesociety.com
^
These are the businesses doing it. If someone could have a look through for me and get back to me that would be awesome.

I have other ideas which I am planning on doing if it is. My parents just said to double check with experts before I go ahead.

Docupedia

7 October 2020
If you want to get advice as to the legality of a proposed business model, getting it from a bunch of people on the internet is not the way to go about it - even if they are a knowledgeable bunch of people including practising lawyers.

You want someone who is going to fully consider the situation, and give you a written opinion which is backed by professional indemnity insurance. You won't get that here, and it will cost you some dollars.