Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

SA Is There a Way to Remove Conviction Earlier?

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by Tracy1973, 22 September 2016.

  1. Tracy1973

    Tracy1973 Member

    22 September 2016
    Likes Received:
    I was convicted with passing a false prescription 7 years ago. Even though it was for a friend, I pleaded guilty. After 12 years in my job I need a national police check. I know the conviction will be a spent conviction after 10 years, however, is there a way in S.A I can apply to the courts to have it removed earlier?

    Other than one stupid mistake I have a clean record.

    Thank you
  2. Sophea

    Sophea Guest

    No. The spent conviction scheme is the only option. Having multiple ways of avoiding a criminal history would negate the purpose of the scheme itself.

Share This Page