QLD is telling my feelings and the truth defamation?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
13 October 2018
A builder I engaged has committed breaches of the QBCC guidelines and has been fined. His work has caused on going problems. I'm not a happy customer. I've displayed a sign in my car window " D@#$ of B@#$ built my R@#$ shed and I'm sorry they did" with my name and phone number on it for people to contact me, which some have done. Quite a few photos of that sign have been taken as I have travelled through Queensland. I have also posted on F/B comments about the faults only stating what is proveable eg: the roof leaks when it rains, workmanship done contrary to the manufacturer's instruction manual, his being fined by the QBCC, and others. I question whether this is defamation as stated in the cease and desist letter from his solicitor. Thanks

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Probably isn't defamation as truth and opinion is a defence to defamation.

However you have the onus of proving your defence. Even if you win, there's a high chance you don't get all your legal fees back. And defamation is not a DIY situation.

Suspect it might be time to say enough is enough.

13 October 2018
Probably isn't defamation as truth and opinion is a defence to defamation.

However you have the onus of proving your defence. Even if you win, there's a high chance you don't get all your legal fees back. And defamation is not a DIY situation.

Suspect it might be time to say enough is enough.
Thankyou