NSW Is it legal for my wife to hide out with my 2-yo kid without telling me?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

rjm

2 February 2020
Lol @ sammy01 in regard to his ex wanting to remain in a loving relationship with his wallet. Well done gentlemen, no nasty name calling of your ex's. Just remember that one day small children will become teenagers & adults. If their mother has interfered with the relationship between father & child the kids will judge her on her actions. If you can look them in the eye & say that you were never nasty or aggressive to their Mum & that you did your best to be equitable in the financial split they'll be happy with that. My parents split when I was 6. It destroyed my Dad but he was such a good bloke he never said a bad word about Mum. She on the other hand didn't have a nice word to say about him. Kids grow up & discover the truth eventually. Do your best to be the better person, it pays in the end. You may miss out on a bit of time now but it can be made up later under calmer circumstances.

D

Deleted member 12925

You should get mediation happening right now. This is the first step to resolving the issue of seeing your child and getting the property matters sorted. Contact Relationships Australia to arrange mediation. If she won't attend mediation or you can't reach an agreement you will need to get a certificate from the mediator. You will then need to apply to make an application to the Court for parenting and property orders. If you need legal advice in relation to this Cathryn will be happy to have a discussion with you if you call her direct on 0437787710.

Reactions: SophieW

smallcat

8 January 2020
Lol @ sammy01 in regard to his ex wanting to remain in a loving relationship with his wallet. Well done gentlemen, no nasty name calling of your ex's. Just remember that one day small children will become teenagers & adults. If their mother has interfered with the relationship between father & child the kids will judge her on her actions. If you can look them in the eye & say that you were never nasty or aggressive to their Mum & that you did your best to be equitable in the financial split they'll be happy with that. My parents split when I was 6. It destroyed my Dad but he was such a good bloke he never said a bad word about Mum. She on the other hand didn't have a nice word to say about him. Kids grow up & discover the truth eventually. Do your best to be the better person, it pays in the end. You may miss out on a bit of time now but it can be made up later under calmer circumstances.

Thanks rjm, I totally understand your point. But, how can I live for the next 16 years? It will be a torture to me and our kid.... :(

smallcat

8 January 2020
You should get mediation happening right now. This is the first step to resolving the issue of seeing your child and getting the property matters sorted. Contact Relationships Australia to arrange mediation. If she won't attend mediation or you can't reach an agreement you will need to get a certificate from the mediator. You will then need to apply to make an application to the Court for parenting and property orders. If you need legal advice in relation to this Cathryn will be happy to have a discussion with you if you call her direct on 0437787710.

Hi Glenn, thanks for your suggestion. As I mentioned, both the lawyer and the mediator (during initial assessment) suggested me to skip mediation because of my partner's DV involvement.

Can you advise how much is the cost to get an interim order in Federal Circuit Court? How long it will take generally?

D

Deleted member 12925

Hi Glenn, thanks for your suggestion. As I mentioned, both the lawyer and the mediator (during initial assessment) suggested me to skip mediation because of my partner's DV involvement.

Can you advise how much is the cost to get an interim order in Federal Circuit Court? How long it will take generally?

Give Cathryn a call on 0437 787 710 to discuss