NSW Intimidation by Australia boss in Thailand

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Adam1user

5 January 2018
My Thai wife is repeatedly intimidated by an Australian boss working in Thailand.

Can I file a lawsuit this Australian boss in Australia? If yes, roughly how much it is going to cost?

Intimidation or Stalking - Charges, Penalties, Sentencing

Thank you.

I am not a lawyer and my answer is based on common sense, you need to raise anything in Thailand as that is the law that is followed, Australian Law my not be applied, what you can do (assuming the company HO is in Australia) is submit a complaint to HO. But you need to know in any case, you need solid proof (This is what I am sure about), otherwise it will be her word against his, and company politics will have a significant effect in cases like these (if you don't have solid proof). I hope I am wrong and someone should correct me.

19 February 2019
The reason I asked because of the following

Are there any US laws that a US citizen MUST obey while traveling, even if those laws do not exist in the country he is traveling to?

Technically, as a US citizen you are covered by the laws of the US regardless of where in the world you are.

-----------

I am not a lawyer and my answer is based on common sense, you need to raise anything in Thailand as that is the law that is followed, Australian Law my not be applied, what you can do (assuming the company HO is in Australia) is submit a complaint to HO. But you need to know in any case, you need solid proof (This is what I am sure about), otherwise it will be her word against his, and company politics will have a significant effect in cases like these (if you don't have solid proof). I hope I am wrong and someone should correct me.