VIC Intervention order

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Gameofthrones

7 June 2020
Just a bit of advice. Most final IVOs currently in Victoria will be in place until revoked or the protected person settles on an agreed time frame with you for the order. Magistrates are no longer just sticking to the 12 mth timeframe, which also means that IVOs will not be backdated to the interim order start date (if you request this). I found out the hard way agreeing without admission, even though I had a solid case to challenge it.

Timcat54

19 September 2020
Victoria
The order said I believe 10 or 15 metres. The house sold so what does that mean for me as the avo was for the house we sold and we brought another house down the road from this horrible person can she use the same avo against our new house. Mind you it’s another investment property I feel sorry for the new family who brought the house I bet the house sells in a year no one can live next door to evil I’ll keep you all posted

sammy01

27 September 2015
ok the avo still applies. You can't go within XXX metres of the protected person. But I'm starting to think you're the nutter here. Sorry, but for all the BS you apparantly went through at the hands of this vindictive neighbour, you still chose to buy in the same street? WHY?

Look if you need to go to this new property, you wanna go the long way. Don't drive past this persons house. Avoid them, buy houses in the next street, the next postcode, the next state... Not down the road.

Timcat54

19 September 2020
Victoria
ok the avo still applies. You can't go within XXX metres of the protected person. But I'm starting to think you're the nutter here. Sorry, but for all the BS you apparantly went through at the hands of this vindictive neighbour, you still chose to buy in the same street? WHY?

Look if you need to go to this new property, you wanna go the long way. Don't drive past this persons house. Avoid them, buy houses in the next street, the next postcode, the next state... Not down the road.
Hi sorry, I didn’t explain myself very well. The new house I brought is another investment property which is located on the main road. So the ex next door neighbour will drive pass my new house there is no need at all for me to drive into her court any more. But the good news is that house I brought is in a gated community so she has no reason to even be near my house or near any other home. But also you can’t see the new house from the road if you drive pass you need to enter the gated community and they are very strict who enters. My AVO runs out in September 2022. But my husband did warn her and yelled at her and called her a few names once we sold the house and she did nothing which I had found out later about this later. We have cameras on the property and I have two years worth of recording. I never really went to the property in the last year. The sad part about all this is it has ruined my relationship with my husband it will never be the same.