QLD Postie from Australia Post Giving Mail to my Ex?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Entangled

27 February 2019
Hi all.

Firstly I think it’s great that you respondents take the time to help people through their legal issues - respect.

I’ve got a problem where someone I know who works for Australia Post has been giving my mail to an ex-gf. The person is my brother who I’ve been in a dispute over a family estate after the tragic death of my parents.

The ex-gf got in contact and eventually boasted that my brother (the posty) has been giving my mail to her and she’s been giving our personal messages to him. They’ve got no reason to talk to each other outside of trying to manipulate the family around this estate dispute. When the ex-gf and I were together they knew each other but only through me.

I approached him and said I was going to contact Queensland College of Teachers and he went to the police and got a DVO falsely claiming I was on ice and threatened his kids. He has since made death threats to my friend by saying ‘If X (me) has a fixed address he’d (me) he dead by now’... what’s the statute of limitations on making a complaint about that? (I took it seriously as we're talking about an estate of nearly $10M...)

What course of action would you take?

I’m certain I could prove it by getting a subpoena for their phone records. Is this possible?

She made all sorts of threats, boasted about ‘f^#ing my friends while we were together’ and laughed that she’d ‘sexually abused me’... I feel foolish because I’ve never loved anyone as much as I loved her and to think she’d deliberately cause me so much damage is heartbreaking. Half of her abuses is in text messages and she’s a registered teacher - should I report her to the education department for the abuse?

This is a horrible and heartbreaking situation. I didn’t realise my ex-gf had cheated on me nor did I realise my brother had an issue with me. I’ve lost my business, I don’t go out any more. I spent time in a mental health clinic after a nervous breakdown due to the deception of all this and I basically can’t function in the way I used to. This is the perfect example of money ruining families...

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Hi all.
Firstly I think it’s great that you respondents take the time to help people through their legal issues - respect.

I’ve got a problem where someone I know who works for Australia Post has been giving my mail to an exgf. The person is my brother who I’ve been in a dispute over a family estate after the tragic death of my parents.

The exgf got in contact and eventually boasted that my brother (the posty) has been giving my mail to her and she’s been giving our personal messages to him. They’ve got no reason to talk to each other outside of trying to manipulate the family around this estate dispute. When the exgf and I were together they knew each other but only through me.

I approached him and said I was going to contact Queensland College of Teachers and he went to the police and got a DVO falsely claiming I was on ice and threatened his kids. He has since made death threats to my friend by saying ‘If X (me) has a fixed address he’d (me) he dead by now’... what’s the statute of limitations on making a complaint about that? (I took it seriously as were talking about an estate of nearly $10M...)

What course of action would you take?

I’m certain I could prove it by getting a subpoena for their phone records. Is this possible?

She made all sorts of threats, boasted about ‘f^#ing my friends while we were together’ and laughed that she’d ‘sexually abused me’... I feel foolish because I’ve never loved anyone as much as I loved her and to think she’d deliberately cause me so much damage is heartbreaking. Half of her abuses is in text messages and she’s a registered teacher - should I report her to the education department for the abuse?

This is a horrible and heartbreaking situation. I didn’t realise my exgf had cheated on me nor did I realise my brother had an issue with me. I’ve lost my business, I don’t go out any more. I spent time in a mental health clinic after a nervous breakdown due to the deception of all this and I basically can’t function in the way I used to. This is the perfect example of money ruining families....

Any and all help would be appreciated.

I read your comment and I can tell you that your brother is wrong in sending your mail to your ex, he can get fired (among other criminal activities) unless your ex is living with you, but if she is living in other areas, how come she gets the mail? this is mail fraud I think, you can ask a lawyer/solicitor about this, and I think I am right in this.

One point to you, if you deal with a negative person (I don't want to call names or even refer to your members of the family, I am writing in general terms here), you will never ever reason with that person because of their negative personality they will take advantage of you and in every way possible till you dry as hell. You need to find a way to defend your rights, I am not saying to take revenge, there is a big difference between taking revenge and fighting for your rights, you need to do whatever is possible, no one can tell you what to do, you need to figure this out, all I can tell you that technology can be bought within reasonable price and if used properly it is your greatest weapon.

Good luck.

Entangled

27 February 2019
I read your comment and I can tell you that your brother is wrong in sending your mail to your ex, he can get fired (among other criminal activities) unless your ex is living with you, but if she is living in other area, how come she gets the mail? this is mail fraud I think, you can ask a lawyer/solicitor about this, and I think I am right in this.
One point to you, if you deal with a negative person (I don't want to call names or even refer to your members of the family, I am writing in general terms here), you will never ever reason with that person because of their negative personality they will take advantage of you and in every way possible till you dry as hell. You need to find a way to defend your rights, I am not saying to take revenge, there is a big difference between taking revenge and fighting for your rights, you need to do what ever is possible, no one can tell you what to do, you need to figure this out, all I can tell you that technology can be bought within reasonable price and if used properly it is your greatest weapon.
Good luck.

Thanks for your response. He certainly is toxic, always has been, I suppose I was oblivious to the damage he could cause until there was a lot of money involved..

Can you help me further about the technology that you are referring to?

It can be in a PM if you prefer...

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Tha ms for your response. He certainly is toxic, always has been, I suppose I was oblivious to the damage he could cause until there was a lot of money involved..

Can you advise me further about the technology that you are referring to?

It can be in a PM if you prefer...
Hi, sure PM me and I can give you a general idea, no worries.

Entangled

27 February 2019
I read your comment and I can tell you that your brother is wrong in sending your mail to your ex, he can get fired (among other criminal activities) unless your ex is living with you, but if she is living in other areas, how come she gets the mail? this is mail fraud I think, you can ask a lawyer/solicitor about this, and I think I am right in this.

One point to you, if you deal with a negative person (I don't want to call names or even refer to your members of the family, I am writing in general terms here), you will never ever reason with that person because of their negative personality they will take advantage of you and in every way possible till you dry as hell. You need to find a way to defend your rights, I am not saying to take revenge, there is a big difference between taking revenge and fighting for your rights, you need to do whatever is possible, no one can tell you what to do, you need to figure this out, all I can tell you that technology can be bought within reasonable price and if used properly it is your greatest weapon.

Good luck.

Hi, Adam1user,
Thanks for your help. I’m trying to find out more about the technology you refer to but can’t work out how to send a PM. Can you help?!
Thanks again,

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Hi, Adam1user,
Thanks for your help. I’m trying to find out more about the technology you refer to but can’t work out how to send a PM. Can you help?!
Thanks again,
Hi ,
I am online now, I prefer not to write it here, if you have an email, write it here and I will email you, you will know it is from me,
Note: create an email now, don't use your actual one and use it for this time only so you don't have your private email shown to all. it should not take you more than 5 minutes to set a new email, i will be online write a response when this it is done and I will email you.
Happy to help.

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Hi, Adam1user,
Thanks again,
I am not sure you read my comment above, but I need to head out if few minutes. So if you leave an email (again, not your actual one, set a new one up for this time only) and I will email you then,
cheers,

Entangled

27 February 2019
I am not sure you read my comment above, but I need to head out if few minutes. So if you leave an email (again, not your actual one, set a new one up for this time only) and I will email you then,
cheers,

Hi Adam1user
I was offline and only just checked my emails now. I’ve created a burner email address... entangled345 @ gmail.com
If you can send it to that I’d appreciate it. Thanks for all your help, I really need it.