- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

WA Immigration Law - Working Holiday Visa and Student Visa Questions

Discussion in 'Immigration Law Forum' started by Max slaughter, 24 January 2016.

  1. Max slaughter

    Max slaughter Member

    24 January 2016
    Likes Received:
    I am on a working holiday visa. I have to do my IELTS exam, but it will be too late for the results to lodge the application.Would it be possible under Immigration Law if I sent a letter to the government explaining my problem and see if they would extend my visa just for a week?

    If not, the only option is for me to go on my partner's student visa, which shouldn't be an issue. We have all proof of living with each other for a year, plus holidays together and so on.

    If that does get accepted when I lodge my permanent residency, will I still need to prove our de facto relationship, seeing as we have already done so for the student visa?

    Hope someone can help!

  2. AllForHer

    AllForHer Well-Known Member

    23 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    You'll probably get more help posting this in the Immigration Law Forum.
    Max slaughter likes this.

Share This Page