How do Profile Posts work?

Discussion in 'The Pool Room' started by Scruff, 8 December 2019.

1. Scruff

Scruff Well-Known Member

@lawanswers...

I've setup my profile to allow members to post on my profile page - figured it might be useful under some circumstances. But, no button or anything appears on my profile page for a member to click to actually do it. Out of curiosity, I looked at your profile and I see that there are some posts, but again, no button or anything to add a new post.

Is this a bug? If not, can you explain how to post on a member's profile please? I can't figure it out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Scruff, 8 December 2019
    Last edited: 8 December 2019
  2. lawanswers

lawanswers Moderator
    Staff Member

@Scruff - Sorry for my delay. It is likely a permissions issue. I will check. Side note: I'm in the final stages of testing a major forum upgrade (Xenforo 1.5 to Xenforo 2.1) so have been reviewing all permissions and add-ons to, among other things, give forum members more control over their profiles.

3. Scruff

Scruff Well-Known Member

No worries - I know you're busy. Maybe the upgrade will fix the problem for you.

A couple more things out of curiosity...
    I've seen quite a few members ask how to send a private message to another member. Does this platform have that capablility? (It would help to know how to respond to that question.)
    Also, I see in my profile menu there is a section called "Conversations". The only thing that has ever shown up in there is the welcome message from when I joined. How does that facility work? (I'm guessing it works like a "private" forum but have no idea of how to use it - ie; how to start a conversation with another member.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lawanswers

lawanswers Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes, but it was disabled early on because of reported spam and abuse. In recent testing, I understand that the forum admin can now set a minimum number of posts before private messaging is possible (that is, only making private messaging functionality available to active members) so will look to enable this ASAP.
    Yes, this is also part of private messaging.

5. Scruff

Scruff Well-Known Member

No prob. Thanks for the info.