NSW how do i save myself

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Empression8me

10 July 2022
basically i been fighting to regain my kids and struggling to get any access other than phone calls once a week. i have been though four lawyers the judge thinks im erratic and non compliant, which is not true, unfortunately i have found some of the worst representatives, my first lawyer, told me i needed rehab so i listened as i believe she knew best, because my husband died of over dose so apparently the courts wouldn't look at me until i could prove to be clean, two days after being in rehab, which obviously informed my lawyer, she tells me a week later, they was unable to contact me, but she tried by mobile knowing i was in rehab and never contacted the actual facility. my counsellor at the facility and i tried on several attempts to make contact she always was never available or booked with someone else, so i fired her!!. the next lawyer was good in the beginning as i was also getting the firm to follow up on my dead husband probate, they thought they was getting a cut of 500grand, during that time i was grieving the loss of my husband, nan & father and also not being able to contact my kids. i didn't understand what documents i was signing cos i was struggling to understand words at this stage, they refused to inform the court that i had employment and accommodation, they stated that my situation had not changed. the in laws relocated my children ten hours to another family member, two weeks prior to the next court date. so i had to relocate have suitable accommodation and employment in order to get access to my kids, which was near impossible due to the lack of housing in coffs harbour, my lawyer contacted me and stated that she was withdrawing as i was no longer in her jurisdiction, i was devastated i somehow managed to meet someone whose father was a lawyer but his background wsas international passport law or something like that, he struggled with my situation, in court in april of 2021 the judge said i could get to seethe kids i had 14 days to get hft in if i didnt i lost all access, i could not afford 8-900, i was paying rent at 350pw i was only getting centrelink at 750pfn at that stage. it took over a year for legal aid to approve hft, i was was in SA working when i got informed, but as soon as i could take time off which was about a month later i had the test and it was clean, i have however supplied several clean urine tests which was more affordable for me but they was not accepted, but did his best. the person that has the children contacted me and said i can't handle the youngest u need to come back, i can tell that you in a good place n doing well but im resenting this child and i dont want her placed with sister in law its not good for her she needs to be with her mother, i returned close to the area, obtained a really great job and a second one so i didn't have too much time on my hands, i enrolled the child into private school, had nice apartment, ect. i was fortunate to be able to pay for services, i reseaserched and she was local and i made contact and made agreement gave the lawyer the hft results informed her of my current status, the lawyer hadnot read over my court documents and no idea what was happening and didn't care what i wanted. we ha court in late may direction hearing, i called in and was left waiting on the phone not in the court , they added my sister in law to proceedings and she was allowed to go 50/50 custody of my youngest daughter, and request that i have no access when that child is with her, a month later we had a mediation, it took them 2.5 hours talking to the other party and then the ICL,and mediator, called me, at this stage i was frantic, i suffer from severe complex ptsd and trauma, they proceeded to tell me that i must be on drugs, and that i would not be gaining any access to my children, there was no mediation it just out right bullying ! my sister in law knew i would be devastated, this family has continually bullied me and manipulated me for 13 years. i had 7 days to supply another HFT, and my youngest daughter was removed of the court documents where i had access and and my visitation with all of the children after another negative HFT was severely diminished. in three years i haven't held my babies. i struggle to want to get out of bed. i have been attending counselling but its limited as all services are at max capacity. during my session its come to my attention that during 2020 i was under severe duress which is why i couldn't understand the court documents. i was also in a domestic violent relationship between my husband and his parents, he made me believe that was incapable of looking after the kids so i had to let his mother raise them.
so after that mediation, i was so upset i went to the lawyer office and was crying, i asked her what do i need to do, she told me i need counselling, and then to give her directions, i dont know what that is i've never been asked that before, we made several appointment and she cancelled each time, i feel defeated and called the office and said i want to withdraw completely for this court case as its causing me too much devastation, im not coping. two days later and week before the next court date she withdraws, i tried to see if i could rectify the situation but my calls ignored, i never abused any one or yelled but i am emotional cos this is killing me, i tried to obtain another lawyer but i was told there was not enough time. so i tried to enquire about how to represent my self, no one would tell me what i had to do, so i wrote an email to the judge coz i dont knpw who to sent things to, and i was in huge trouble obviously, this judge has been told several times i'm non compliant which is not correct.
so where i'm at now is the file i have attached
please im really desperate
i have not had anyone from the court system contact me i dont know who to contact and this was provided by the main carer of the children
i also do not know what document that the judge is referring to as i have not been provided ANY INFORMATION
self representation

Attachments

• Jarvis Orders 21 July 2022.pdf
    288.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: