How can I ensure someone is charged with perjury?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
Thanks, but unfortunately the prosecuting agency is the local police and there was a certain amount of corruption involved in the whole way the charges were laid and the matter dealt with.

I strongly suspect that they will simply refuse to charge their star witnesses with perjury (even though they absolutely should).

I was hoping to go “around” the police or “over” them.
I firmly believe that corruption should always be reported. If you think you have enough to make a formal complaint, then take a look at this site: Reporting misconduct — Law Enforcement Conduct Commission

Mrmark

4 July 2019
Hi,
You should contact a civil lawyer that is in the area of police corruption, and misconduct as it seems as though the criminal matter has been heard and determined.

You could possibly launch a civil action against the police and attain compensation as a result

A few points of interest could be malicious prosecution, perjury, police misconduct if an officer has acted unethically and also lied under oath along with misrepresentation of facts e.g. factual detail in brief was incorrect

I believe that even the police should be accountable for their actions

Melbourne, Australia