VIC Family Law Trial - Use of Audio Recordings?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Dadsta

11 June 2018
Knowing that I have it there is not an issue that I’m concerned about. I’ve never disputed the fact that I record every transaction & have been completely open about it. In fact, many letters have been received by all parties about it & hence the other side, as well as the ICL have been given recordings to stop the hostile allegations being thrown my way. One would assume that this would stop such allegations, as was the initial plan. It hasn’t hence my continuation to continue.

The issue you have is that the mother, and by consequence, the ICL, know it is there.

sammy01

27 September 2015
So it hasn't worked? It has caused hostility? You're still getting accused of stuff?

Doesn't seem to be working and frankly is causing problems...

insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
I would not be sharing these with the icl. Are you doing that?

Dadsta

11 June 2018
It causes hostility towards the mother as it’s the only reason I don’t have an IVO on me. Every allegation has been proved wrong. Outta this planet wrong!

There’s an end in sight Sammy. After trial there’ll obviously be no need to continue this & surely the judge see through her allegations and listen to the evidence I produce.

so it hasn't worked?
It has caused hostility?
You're still getting accused of stuff?
Doesn't seem to be working and frankly is causing problems...

insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Dadsta

11 June 2018
Yes, I have been in order to not have my reputation tarnished to the ICL. My opinion has been that he hasn’t been fussed by the mother’s accusations and continuously requests that I stop all recording. That is his view & I have respectfully disagreed with it.

I would not be sharing these with the icl. Are you doing that?

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
Yes, I have been in order to not have my reputation tarnished to the ICL.
Huge, and I mean bigger than a planet size mistake. You do not communicate this kind of stuff with the ICL under any circumstances. They are not your friend, they are an opposition lawyer. The correct way to present this evidence is via affidavit during the course of the proceedings. Stop all contact with the ICL immediately. Like yesterday.

No contact with an ICL is good contact. You have severely damaged your whole case by going down this path

Dadsta

11 June 2018
Not much that can be done about it now. In hindsight I agree with you that it should not have been presented to him prior to trial.

At the end of the day though, he is entitled to his view & I will welcome his questions during cross examination. If he’s silly enough to dismiss the three critical psychological and family reports that present the mother in the ways that it has then he will be foolish. The court appointed psychologist has stated that if put in to my position, he isn’t sure that he wouldn’t be doing what I am i.e audio recording.

HUGE, and i mean bigger than a planet size mistake. you DO NOT communicate this kind of stuff with the ICL under ANY circumstances. They are NOT your friend, they are an opposition lawyer. The correct way to present this evidence is via affidavit during the course of the proceedings. STOP ALL CONTACT WITH THE ICL immediately. Like yesterday

No contact with an ICL is good contact. You have severely damaged your whole case by going down this path

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
. The court appointed psychologist has stated that if put in to my position, he isn’t sure that he wouldn’t be doing what I am i.e audio recording.
In writing as part of the/a report or have you been sending them recordings too?

sammy01

27 September 2015
End in sight? nope, when the kid turns 18 or you die... That is the end. Mate I have court orders... She still fcuks me around with remarkable frequency... You get used to it.

Her path to success is to demonstrate there is high conflict.. She is succeeding.. You're helping her. It is not your job to 'dis-prove' her accusations. But that is what you've been doing... However the result is your proving the relationship between you guys is toxic and not fit for co-parenting a child. She wins...

You need to prove your sane. You seem to be, despite the fact that you've caught a few bat s**t crazy germs from the bat s**t crazy lady.... But you can recover... You prove you're sane and leave her to sort out her case. But dont do anything to help her and recording is an indication that things are not normal here