VIC Family Law Trial - Use of Audio Recordings?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Dadsta

11 June 2018
Too late to change my approach? Believe me, I do see logic in your opinion.

It is absolutely correct that the relationship is reprehensible. The reasons for this have been divulged in three separate reports as to the reasons why this is so. Recording or not recording isn’t going to change this & is certainly not a reason for the toxicity that lingers.

It’s sad to say that w/out a microphone her bullying and arguing will be even more prevalent. This exposes the child to less of her garbage.

End in sight? nope, when the kid turns 18 or you die... That is the end. Mate I have court orders... She still fcuks me around with remarkable frequency... You get used to it.

Her path to success is to demonstrate there is high conflict.. She is succeeding.. You're helping her. It is not your job to 'dis-prove' her accusations. But that is what you've been doing... However the result is your proving the relationship between you guys is toxic and not fit for co-parenting a child. She wins...

You need to prove your sane. You seem to be, despite the fact that you've caught a few bat s**t crazy germs from the bat s**t crazy lady.... But you can recover... You prove you're sane and leave her to sort out her case. But dont do anything to help her and recording is an indication that things are not normal here

GoHard85

11 June 2018
Sammy01...

Dadsta stated that his own Barrister instructed him to record his interactions with the mother. The ICL has stated that they disagree with this. Your definition of insanity would be better applied here i.e. listen to your own Barrister or listen to the ICL? I know where I’d stand.

I realise this is family court, not criminal court, where the burden of proof is higher, but I’d rather protect myself from mud slinging & let the mother show herself to the court to be a liar (potentially showing myself to be aggressive by recording in the process) than let the mother constantly paint a bad picture of me in her affidavits that I can’t defend. Get a grip on reality.

Dadsta

11 June 2018
Thank you for your support GoHard85

Sammy01...

Dadsta stated that his own Barrister instructed him to record his interactions with the mother. The ICL has stated that they disagree with this. Your definition of insanity would be better applied here i.e. listen to your own Barrister or listen to the ICL? I know where I’d stand. I realise this is family court, not criminal court, where the burden of proof is higher, but I’d rather protect myself from mud slinging & let the mother show herself to the court to be a liar (potentially showing myself to be aggressive by recording in the process) than let the mother constantly paint a bad picture of me in her affidavits that I can’t defend. Get a grip on reality.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
So, what incident actually led you to start recording changeovers? What was the nature of whatever allegation was made in an affidavit about what happened at a changeover?

Dadsta

11 June 2018
These patterns began with allegations of abuse, shouting and cursing during changeovers which had no substance whatsoever. No doubt whatsoever that this was a strategy to demonise my character to the court. My barrister, in all his wisdom, predicted what was to come & he was spot on. Following this, I’ve been inundated with letters from the mother’s solicitor slamming me over putrid behaviours not only towards the mother but her family and the child’s daycare providers.

Each time a recording of said event has been issued to the other sides solicitor and ICL with definitive proof that nothing of the sort occurred.

So, what incident actually led you to start recording changeovers? What was the nature of whatever allegation was made in an affidavit about what happened at a changeover?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
And mum put these allegations into an affidavit?

Dadsta

11 June 2018
One time, yes. All other allegations came forth via a letter from the mother’s solicitor to my own & the ICL. Under the advice of my solicitor we responded with a recording file for each allegation and of course Mum will be cross examined over this at trial.

And mum put these allegations into an affidavit?

Nonfiction

17 May 2018
Victoria
Some very good comments here, but by the sound of it, you, your solicitor and your barrister appear to have everything covered. I wish you well with your case...if you get a chance, after it’s all over it’d be great to hear back from you how it all went.