VIC Family Law Trial - Use of Audio Recordings?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Migz

20 November 2016
Dadsta...going through a similar setup, how did it all work out for you?

Dadsta

11 June 2018
Hi Migz,

I emphasise your position. In all, it ended up OK. Despite the family report & psychological reports burning the mother at the stake, it was hugely disappointing not to get residency of my son. Throughout all interim Orders the mother contravened them at will & has continued since Final Orders were made. I lodged a contravention application recently, with my solicitors advice vastly differing from my barristers. Waste of time and money. The system is in complete shambles, to the detriment of many good men. What was important for me & the outcome given was my diligent detailing of all interactions with the mother; emails, texts, verbal interactions recorded in audio. Every false allegation was easily squashed & she was made to look like a proper fool. Her own representation admitted as much. It didn’t get me residency but thwarted an agenda of having an IVO placed on me. It’s taken time to not stew on it all & importantly my time & relationship with my boy is unbelievably amazing. That’s what I CAN control & that is my only focus. Block out the toxic noise from the other side & try as best you can to not let if effect you. When you can do this you’ll flourish.