NSW Family Law - How To Approach Asking For Different Travel Arrangements?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

nibler1300

23 January 2017
Hi again!

Below is a link to my previous question for some insight into the family law situation NSW - Family Court Orders Consistently Breached by Mother - What to Do?

Since January, Sarah has started school, missed a fair few days (that we know of). Natasha has since moved into a different house (away from her other baby Daddy). Natasha has started her own business venture selling Juice Plus and has offered to my partner if he would like to join in on the business side etc... and has stated how great it would be for me (being 24 weeks pregnant) to get on these juice tablet things. We have not bought nor joined this venture.

We are scheduled to have Sarah for 11 days each school holidays and 3 weeks during the Christmas School Holidays. We will be going up to QLD (my partner having to take time off work) and staying up there for the duration to spend the April school holidays with Sarah.

The issue arises for the next school holidays. I am due on the 11th of July and we are scheduled to have Sarah from either the 24th of June - 4th of July or 29th of June - 9th of July (she still has not agreed to dates since January). As you can imagine, with a baby on the way, I do not want my partner travelling 12hrs (one way!) to pick up his daughter to turn around and come back home, twice.

All the women in my family have had quick 3-5 hr labours therefore I have told my partner that I will allow him to drive to Sydney Airport (3 hrs) and back to pick up Sarah.

The tricky part is asking Natasha to drop Sarah off in Sydney. Natasha has never agreed to travel anywhere, not even to Brisbane Airport (3 hrs) from her. As per the court order, we have to pay for 100% of travel (so she would be travelling at no cost of her own) however it does not say that we are required to do 100% of the travel.

How do we go about asking for this? I don't want my partner not to see his child again from April - September (like last year - because Natasha kept Sarah from him) but I don't want my partner not to be there for the birth of his new child.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Mods need to fix this ASAP.

For future reference, exclude names from all your posts. It's a breach of the Family Law Act.

sammy01

27 September 2015
The mother isn't going to agree to come to Sydney. Your best bet is to ask for make up time and miss the visit or dad does the travelling as per usual