Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

WA Family Law - Father Won't Acknowledge Child - What to Do?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Help0720, 4 February 2016.

  1. Help0720

    Help0720 Member

    4 February 2016
    Likes Received:
    I was on a work visa in Australia. I got a boyfriend while in Australia and I got pregnant. My visa was expiring and I had to go back to my country (Taiwan). When I went back to my country, my boyfriend will not talk to me or acknowledge my baby. He is ignoring me and won't help financially. What can I do under Family Law?
  2. sammy01

    sammy01 Well-Known Member

    27 September 2015
    Likes Received:
    Contact the Child Support Agency in Australia and ask them to collect child support. If you can give them contact details for the ex that would help, even a mobile phone number. They might ask for proof of your relationship with your ex, so if you had any joint bank accounts or evidence that you lived together that would help.

    I don't know how to do it from Taiwan, sorry.

Share This Page