Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

QLD Family Law - Didn't Return Children Due to Abuse - What to Do?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by David T, 27 April 2016.

  1. David T

    David T Member

    27 April 2016
    Likes Received:
    I have my children once a fortnight and half the school holidays. At Easter, I picked up my children for Easter and my 13-year-old disclosed abuse to me.

    I have the police involved, they took child statements and due to the nature of the abuse and how severe, I haven't returned the children. I filed an application for a case and affidavit as well as informed the kids' solicitor. There is currently a QP file number ( Queensland police).

    Today I got an email from the other party solicitor demanding I return the children or they will contravene me.

    What do I do under Family Law? It goes to court on 23rd May.
  2. Tim W

    Tim W Lawyer
    LawTap Verified Lawyer

    28 April 2014
    Likes Received:
    Get a lawyer of your own.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page