QLD Fair and simple property settlement

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sammy01

27 September 2015
So assuming no superannuation split?. you can make an agreement about money and kids and write it on toilet paper because legally that is what it will be. But if u can accept it and the ex accepts it then happy days and 12 mths after divorce neither of u can claim against the others assets without establishing a good reason... easy peasy..so a toilet paper agreement is not withou merit as long as both parties play nice

If u can sort it that way then pls write a book to explain how u did it because most folk here wasted a small fortune on solicitors.

Keep it amicable. Dont blow $on solicitors and your hair wont go grey overnight like mine did....

Reactions: Jane101

Jane101

28 November 2017
So assuming no superannuation split?. you can make an agreement about money and kids and write it on toilet paper because legally that is what it will be. But if u can accept it and the ex accepts it then happy days and 12 mths after divorce neither of u can claim against the others assets without establishing a good reason... easy peasy..so a toilet paper agreement is not withou merit as long as both parties play nice

If u can sort it that way then pls write a book to explain how u did it because most folk here wasted a small fortune on solicitors.

Keep it amicable. Dont blow $on solicitors and your hair wont go grey overnight like mine did....

Unfortunately out of my hands now. I would like to play fair but there are 2 players. Looks like I'm wasting money and time on lawyers and my hair will be going grey. Wish me luck.

Time101

10 July 2017
Hi Jane.

Yes I'd be putting some parenting plan in an order.

I'd still go see a solicitor. He offered you $30K and the home is worth $550k... how is that fair. And children are involved ...hmmm

He is looking for ways to pay you as little as possible. How is that even partly being amicable.

Spend the $$$ advice will be worth it.

Good luck let me know how you go with the solicitor.
Peace

Reactions: Jane101

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Is there $550,000 in equity on the house?