NSW Property Settlement AVO and Three Children

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

jaxemjay

11 June 2019
NSW
I am a mother to three children aged 10,9 and 1. Father has AVDO on him with children named. 5 charges against father going through court at the moment.
We have a mortgaged family home (mother and children living in currently) approx $350000 equity and a investment unit approx $80000 equity. I just want property settlement ASAP. Don’t have money for lawyers and wondering what I could be looking at getting in settlement? Not much else in assets.

sammy01

27 September 2015
What about superanuation?

What is your income?
What is his?

Any inheritances?
How long having you lived together?

Look the more detail the better the advice.

jaxemjay

11 June 2019
NSW
What about superanuation?

What is your income?
What is his?

Any inheritances?
How long having you lived together?

Look the more detail the better the advice.
Mothers Income $55000 steady job the whole 11 years of marriage except time off on maternity leave. Came into marriage with $30000 deposit for first home and a good credit rating.

Ex partner is always in and out of work his maximum would be $50000 and didn’t bring anything into marriage

No inheritance or extra money

sammy01

27 September 2015
You're asking us to pluck a figure? Based on the info provide I'd suggest you want to angle at about 60%.

My advice is based on my experience. So my ex sent a proposal for asset division via a very expensive law firm. She wanted 105%. Yep... I know.... She fought tooth and nail. Did everything to stop me seeing the kids to try to maximise her piece of the pie. Nearly 2 yrs of madness and in the end she got about 40% of the assets. I got about 30% of the assets... H'mm that doesn't add up does it? Oh right. Yep that other 30%? Where did that go? It went to solicitors and we never even saw the inside of the family law courts.

So sure, you could probably get more than that in court but you're gonna go through a hell of a lot of emotional trumiol and money to get it.