QLD Do court orders supercede each other?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AmandaB

15 May 2018
Hi, I apologise if this is an ignorant question and I have tried to do my own research but couldnt find anything.

I am self representing.

I attended court in Feb 2019 & orders were made for the parties to enrol in a parenting orders program & provide a copy of the completion certificate to each other. I phoned to enrol however the waiting list was 6+ months for where I live and my intake is not until later this month.

We had the next directions hearing in July 2019, where orders where may by way of consent between the parties for school holiday visits but also included a note at the end that "the parties engage in family dispute conference/ mediation prior to the next court date".

No mention was made of the previous orders at the hearing in July - we weren't asked if we had completed the program etc.

Do the new orders supercede orders made previously? As in, are we no longer required to complete the parenting orders program and just do the mediation now?

Thank you

Tremaine

5 February 2019
Unless an order was made discharging the order, it’s still an order you have to follow.

AmandaB

15 May 2018
Of course - silly me, don't know why that didnt occur to me.

Thank you for your answer :)

Jake Matherson

15 June 2018
Bonus info

My wait time for the POP course was +6 months with Relationships Australia.

I was able to enrol and complete the same course with Uniting Care and start that week.

Atticus

6 February 2019
Unless an order was made discharging the order, it’s still an order you have to follow.

As above by Tremaine...

Unless an order starts with words to the effect of ... This order supersedes all previous orders....