I was wondering if there is a difference between a Victorian National Police Clearance and a AFP (Australian Federal Police) one?
If there is a conviction without guilt, will that show on the AFP one?
It would show on the Victorian one?
No, AFP and National Police check are not the same.
You need to take AFP check for the following reasons;
- Residents of the Australian Capital Territory (ACT), Jervis Bay Territory and external Commonwealth territories
- People who are seeking employment with the Commonwealth Government
- people who are requiring a check under Commonwealth legislation
- Australian immigration purposes
- where the applicant resides overseas
- overseas employment
- overseas adoption
- visa applications for overseas travel
Also, what will show on the certificate generally depends on the type of conviction you have. Some minor convictions are spent after a certain period. But major convictions like murder, assaults are never spent.