NSW desperate help for this boy who got ripped off

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Venny

24 April 2018
He passed away in 2004. I am now 30 years old but at the time I was under 18.
I just want to fight what belonged to my dad.

I feel really let down by her and lost

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Yes, sorry, been very busy and forget the detail :( my bad. It is disappointing when let down by family members. You are not the first, and won't be the last.

And you have every right to fight for what your father gave to you.

Reactions: Venny

Venny

24 April 2018
Yes, sorry, been very busy and forget the detail :( my bad. It is disappointing when let down by family members. You are not the first, and won't be the last.

And you have every right to fight for what your father gave to you.
Thank you so much for listening and providing advise. I will go out and gather as much evidence as possible and see a solicitor.
Thank you for listening :)

sammy01

27 September 2015
Have you spoken to mum?
to your uncles?
Is the house being left to you in her will? I know that doesn't help right now.. But still

Venny

24 April 2018
Have you spoken to mum?
to your uncles?
Is the house being left to you in her will? I know that doesn't help right now.. But still
Uncle said to convince her to put the next property under both names . But she didn’t agree.
There was no will left behind.

sammy01

27 September 2015
In your first post you said that your uncles signed off on handing the house to you.. What exactly does that mean? What sort of paperwork exists? Without a will there must be some sort of paperwork and that paperwork is gonna be the thing that might make this case viable.

I would not go near a solicitor without that paperwork. The solicitor is gonna want something tangible to help him know the legalities of the case...

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
When there is so much money at stake you need to move quickly, not wait till you have everything lined up and all paperwork in order. This is not a situation where you need everything up front.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Move quickly??? I'd agree if this kid was 18... But he is 30. .. Go see a solicitor without paperwork, he will charge you $500 for the conversation and tell you to come back with paperwork then charge you another $500...

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
And delay and you stand to lose $750K. I know what I prefer. Think of it as insurance money.

This is not a family court issue and should not be dealt with like one. Do not delay.