NSW desperate help for this boy who got ripped off

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Venny

24 April 2018
My mum and dad were divorced and he sadly passed away in 2004 when I was 16. The next of kin was his brother so the house my dad owned was passed onto them. His brother’s which are my uncles signed off the property to give it to me as I was his only child .
My mother somehow got the property under her name because I was under the age of 18.
She has recently sold the property and we opened up a joint account so the money can go back into there until we find a property.
The person who i
Thought I could trust has withdrawn out the 750k which wasn’t originally hers and decided to buy a property with only her name in the documentsz

How can I fight for the house which my dad worked hard for and then commited suicided.
Now I’m left with nothing... as she’s taken off with the money to buy a new house.
Can someone please help me ?????? Please!!!!

AllForHer

23 July 2014
This is a question better asked in Wills and Estate Planning, rather than Family Law.

Reactions: Venny

sammy01

27 September 2015
I would be speaking to the bank and your uncles. See what advice they have to offer.
Was their a will?
What has your mother communicated to you about what she has done?

Sorry for the situation you're in. But it is likely a solicitor will be the only one who can help moving forward.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
I agree, you need a solicitor and quickly. You can get money back if the wrong thing has been done to you AND the money has not disappeared. So move quickly before the money disappears. You may need a temporary freezing order so assets do not disappear while the legal issues are being sorted out.

Get help now.

Venny

24 April 2018
I would be speaking to the bank and your uncles. See what advice they have to offer.
Was their a will?
What has your mother communicated to you about what she has done?

Sorry for the situation you're in. But it is likely a solicitor will be the only one who can help moving forward.
Thank you so much for this. I will go and get the documents from the solicitor. Would the solicitor charge me for old paper work? Cause it’s been over 10years....

Venny

24 April 2018
I agree, you need a solicitor and quickly. You can get money back if the wrong thing has been done to you AND the money has not disappeared. So move quickly before the money disappears. You may need a temporary freezing order so assets do not disappear while the legal issues are being sorted out.

Get help now.
Thank you for your help. I will be off to the solicitor to get any documents possible to resolve this case . Thank you so much .

Venny

24 April 2018
N
Thank you so much for this. I will go and get the documents from the solicitor. Would the solicitor charge me for old paper work? Cause it’s been over 10years....
There was no will ...

Venny

24 April 2018
She said she will buy a new property with only her name on it.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
You may have claim over the property but there's no guarantee she will do as she says. Plus if she does buy a house who is to say it is one you want. Can be expensive selling and buying again, though capital gain can be to your advantage.

However she could be doing this as trustee and solely for your benefit if you are still under 18.

It is good you are seeing a solicitor.