Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

VIC Debt Collectors after Four Years?

Discussion in 'Debt and Bankruptcy Law Forum' started by hantugaul7, 15 July 2015.

1. hantugaul7

hantugaul7 Member

I have received a letter from EC Credit Control (debt collectors) regarding debt owing to Blush Photography with the cost $62.50. From what I remembered, I participated in a free Blush makeover and photoshoot and there was no obligation to purchase the images. I didn't intend to purchase any images on the day and decided to take the whole thing as an experience.

Four years on, I received this letter stating that I have a debt to Blush Photography. How can this be when I didn't agree to purchase anything at all. If they have my contact details, why didn't they bother to contact me regarding the matter?

I have contacted EC Credit Control and they didn't seem to know anything about it. I contact Blush Photography too yet the response was directing me to contact EC Credit Control.

Is there anything I should do regarding this matter?

2. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Email them back denying any debt to Blush and ask for proof of a contract between you and Blush.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...