QLD Custody of Children - Sue Family Report Writer?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Atticus

6 February 2019
I'm not asking if I have a case to sue, I'm actually asking can family report writers be sued, in other words are they immune or not from civil law suits.
Mate... You need to go back & reared your first post... If you just wanted to know if FC's were immune from civil lawsuits that would have been a simple, very short question.

Instead, you raved on about how terrible the report was, your opinion of the writer, & finished with this >>>> "If in the trial it’s satisfied the basis of what this guy is making his recommendations on becoming evidently baseless can I sue him?

He owns his own private practice."

On that basis, any reasonable person would conclude what Sammy did... I also came to that conclusion from the first reading.

Jarob

25 December 2018
I didn’t rave about anything. I was giving background info to give the situation context out of respect for the readers. Fair call the first post was misinterpreted and no problems with that, same goes with the reply post. But my second post cleared up what I was in fact asking when I saw Sammy not understanding what I was asking. Regarding the content of my second post logically what else could I be asking other than are FCs fair game in a civil proceedings against them.

If the first post wasn’t clear enough the second one certainly made it specifically clear I wasn’t asking if I had a case yet the thread carried on as if I was asking that. That is the point of relevance, not the first post as you have pointed out.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Respectfully, the first post when I said 'cant sue' was clear. Same second time. I offer my friendly time to help punters because i have some experience with family law.

Thank you Atticus btw - O'l mate you need to realise that people offer assistance here and it is very hard to know exactly what folks are asking... The rant on your first post invited me to find out what you could do if you were of the opinion a Family Report writer had acted in-appropriately.

No need to say thanks. BTW

So I did some research - sure you can sue. Here is a link to the site that will help you navigate your way through that legal process. Again no need to say thanks.

Jarob

25 December 2018
Sammy I’m not even going to read your post. Obviously your missing the ability to understand and your mate isn’t too far behind.

Atticus

6 February 2019
Obviously your missing the ability to understand and your mate isn’t too far behind.
Haha... I'll assume that it's just the stress of family law proceedings that is making you appear like a smart mouthed ingrate, totally out of character...

I also assume that when you wrote the initial post it all sounded very clear in your own head, & that despite the lengthy diatribe, the question you were actually asking, (which could have been summed up in just 8 words) was clear to all. Good that you have now acknowledged that it wasn't.

So a tip moving forward. Judges hate pointless diatribes, & they are not mind readers. Perhaps write down what you want to ask, then get rid of the 95% that is pointless & ask a simple clear question.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Hey I've got a better idea.... Get back to us when you have a court order that states "the children live with the father and spend time with the mother" like mine do...

Or eat some humble pie and ask what I did to get that result.

WhatTheFelony

27 October 2023
I can't see how you could sue.
Can you give a bit more detail about what you're concerns are?
I can see how the OP could have been confused by this answer. You answered, then asked a clarifying question- implying that if there was more information to give, it could change the answer. The way you treated them after was horrible. Anyone going through family court would be in a horrible state and to be targeted and torn down like that is disgusting.