QLD Credit Corp Chasing a Debt - What are Our Rights?

Discussion in 'Debt and Bankruptcy Law Forum' started by Paige Haines, 8 September 2018.

1. Anna Murphy

Anna Murphy Well-Known Member

He is a con man ,do not pay him a cent. He robbed me of $285 last Sept and done nothing. Won’t answer emails

2. Broncos4ever

Broncos4ever Well-Known Member

Not sure of your situation, I received a settlement. It did take a while. I also see his website was quoted in a parliamentary hearing on debt collection. I just checked and you can read on Google. Seems as we enter a recession, debt collectors are being scrutinised. I paid $385, my settlement was 12% of debt. I can post up here the settlement letter if someone knows how to upload a pdf?

3. debtbusterz

debtbusterz Well-Known Member

Hi Anna , can you please explain your experiences with him in detail? I have sent him multiple $285 payments for a few debts, its true he doesn't answer emails promptly, however none of the debt collectors have taken any action against me since i have paid him so far...it's been over 6 months.... and my debts are almost 80k.....so i'm not sure if he is legit or not, but i'm crossing my fingers....

4. Broncos4ever

I can post my settlement letter if someone can show me how? It was silence from the debt collectors, then received a settlement with 14 days to accept or not. Obviously I accepted

5. debtbusterz

Can you please take a screenshot and then paste it on here?

6. Broncos4ever

Hiw
    Ofcourse how do I do this?

7. Anna Murphy

Sorry I don’t believe you. I engaged his services in September last year and have heard nothing since . His stories of lodging documents is crap. He can never produce one of the documents. A proof of settlement doesn’t means he helped you, I have a settlement letter but had to do the work myself and engage a solicitor.

8. Anna Murphy

A settlement letter does not mean the conman helped him. I paid Andrew Sellar and have a settlement letter but it had nothing to do with him. I had to get a solicitor involved.

9. debtbusterz

So you got sued by the debt collector? how long was this after paying him $285?

10. debtbusterz

How much % discount was the setttlement letter for?