Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NT Company Doesn't Pay Debt for My Services - Options?

Discussion in 'Debt and Bankruptcy Law Forum' started by Julius222, 6 January 2016.

Tags:
  1. Julius222

Julius222 Member

Hi all,

This is my first post.

I am a pensioner trying to earn a little extra by cleaning for other companies. One person/company I have worked for owes me about $1400. He keeps promising payment of the debt but it never comes.

Worse, he paid $680 by cheque and the cheque just bounced. Worse still is the bank part cleared the cheque and I spent $500 of it.

It is a small amount, maybe too small to chase? But in my circumstances, it is very important.

What are my options?

BTW, from what I have learned, he rips off everyone that cleans for him. Am I entitled to advertise his name and/or company and asking for others he has not paid to come forward with a view to collectively taking him to court?

2. Sophea

Sophea Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tim W

Tim W Lawyer
    LawTap Verified Lawyer

I agree with @Sophea.

Clarify for me - debt, or unpaid wages?

Forget "getting together with others" - too hard, and people can be either too cowardly, or just too flaky.
    Look out for yourself, and leave others' problems to others.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...