Child protection QLD

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Brock88

26 March 2022
I have 2 kids to my ex partner we were together for 7 years. Towards the end of our relationship she gave birth to our second child but our relationship was unfortunately already deteriorating. I found out she was seeing someone on the side which was enough for me to move out temporarily and work out if it's worth trying to save. Within 1 week she packed up everything and moved interstate (Qld). Our new baby boy was only 1 month old. A few days after she left I was served with a DVO and absolutely everything written was false which I could prove. I knew which town she was in but covid had erupted and I couldn't get across the borders as they were shut. I didn't see my kids for 3 months and only got 1 phone call a fortnight to them. 3 months after she left I get the worst phone call of my life it was the royal children hospital in Brisbane saying my baby boy was found unresponsive with no heart beat and severe head trauma and his likelihood of surviving was very low. I was able to cross the border under compassionate grounds to be by his bedside.
My ex had met a man online and Within a month let him move in and left him alone with my baby boy on multiple occasions.
Child protection took my daughter from my ex and a huge police investigation got underway.
When child protection contacted me the first thing they said was I need to agree that my exs parents will be kinship carers for my daughter. I asked why isn't she coming to me but I didn't get an answer and was told if I don't agree she would go to a foster carer..
The court orders and affidavits started and because of the dvo which hadn't even been finalised yet absolutely everything that was mentioned about me was what Sarah had stated in the dvo. I was an alcoholic and took drugs and would send her threatening messages.
We both have no criminal history no dv history everyone in the community that the detectives spoke to didn't have a bad word to say and definitely didn't believe the allegations against me. I submitted regular urine samples to clear the air around the alleged drug use. I had everything on paper to prove everything in that dvo was false and was purely scripted out of heated emotions.
Even though I was not even in the same state I was still put under the same category as my ex and her boyfriend as an immediate threat/danger to my kids.
When I pleaded to this morbidly obese child officer to please explain why are you treating me like this I've done everything I can to show I'm not the person in that avo. She wouldn't answer. I would get so frustrated with her and her decision making and on multiple occasions she would chuckle and say your not being treated unfairly.
But in the next court orders would mention my behaviour as volatile and I'm in no state of mind to care for my daughter. I complained from the bottom to the top but got absolutely nowhere. 12 months later they finally had enough evidence to charge her boyfriend and she was in the clear so my daughter went back to her.
I have held full-time employment since I was of working age I don't have a criminal record I was able to get multiple good references from well respected members in my community.
Why are fathers treated like. Surely this can't be standard procedure. This lady was definitely abusing her position. Do I try and pursue any legal action against child protection or just walk away?