QLD DVO - Check if My Child is Going to Therapy?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Bobby Whitlow

23 March 2017
My ex kicked me out on the 11th of March. I have a DVO and interim protection order against her naming the child as well and child protective services and the police are aware of the situation due to child abuse and neglect being involved.

The child is still with my ex. They won't talk to me or let me see or talk to my daughter; she is 3.

She normally goes to speech therapy, swimming and physio once per week. Should I continue contacting the facilities to make sure my daughter is attending?

Also my ex has notified me of destroying my private health care card that was paying for the therapy so I am unsure how she is paying for it now as she won't allow me to pay her.

I would ask my lawyer but I am broke now as paid lawyer $20000.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Do you have parenting orders?

sammy01

27 September 2015
So why is the child with mum if there is abuse? Why ask mum if the kid is attending those things? She might lie. She might not even answer. Why bother?

Learn to self represent and get yourself to family court ASAP

Bobby Whitlow

23 March 2017
so why is the child with mum if there is abuse?
Why ask mum if the kid is attending those things.... She might lie? She might not even answer. Why bother.

Learn to self represent and get yourself to family court asap

Sorry, I'm calling the providers of the therapy to ask if my daughter is attending not the mother, she won't speak to me.

sammy01

27 September 2015
No harm in calling them. They really ought to tell you what is going on with your kid. But often places like schools are reluctant to do anything out of fear of doing the wrong thing. They just don't wanna get involved in family law stuff.