QLD Child protection/Unfit Parent

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Ronald

8 January 2019
• I am currently in QLD Australia and have been for over the last year or so and my partner whom I have a six month old child with has decided after a few months of secretly communicating with her ex whom she has a long term domestic violence order against for herself and her children has been coerced with assets to return to Victoria,she basically made these plans without any consent on my part, we are currently in what would be called a de facto relationship but her ex has put the condition that he will only give her fair share of the assets and let her have her property provided I am not to live at the property witch effectively takes my son out of my care and leaves me unable to monitor his well being. Her ex has made multiple threats in breach of the court orders to the point where he made documented threats that he would buy property near us so he could make our lives hell, he followed through with those threats and brought a house near where we live whilst still under the domestic violence orders and whilst on a corrections order he is currently under after serving a period of incarceration for domestic violence, after seeing lawyers about going through the legal process to get her assets back via the court system my partner has decided that her best option is to abide by all the conditions her ex has put on her to gain her assets witch I feel will compromise the safety of my child I have to her…I have documented multiple breaches threats, intimidation stalking etc. that have been committed and also have evidence of her neglect of the children’s needs and neglect witch has put the children in danger of harm, previous issues have been raised with dept of human services child protection department. I have gathered evidence witch can confirm all the events. I had previously been told that she can not take my child out of the state of QLD without my consent but she has said that she can and will take my child out of the state as we are not married and therefore she has every legal right to take my child anywhere she sees fit, I plan on contacting child protective services (dept human services) and police as soon as she takes my child and moves states and move down there myself and present them with all the evidence I have gathered as I feel she will expose my child to her ex as she has said before she doesn’t see a problem with him being near my Child, this is a man that would leave bruises all over his kids faces and “mum" would cover it all up because she feared losing her kids and she can not see why I would have a problem with these arrangements…Should I seek legal advice from a lawyer prior to going to the authorities in Victoria ? I have nothing to fear as all my actions have been above board and I have a multitude of evidentiary proof to back everything up, I have never had experience with dept human services/Child Protection before and don’t know what to expect with that side of things. I’m not saying I want to rip my child away from his mother but I do want some sort of long term supervision order in place with dept human services/Child Protection to monitor her and ensure my child has some protections in place