VIC Changing School Uniform to Sports Uniform in Front of Teacher?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

gizela

2 May 2014
I have two kids going to prep this year and they are required to change into their school uniform into their sports uniform at school and i feel unconftable with my sons teacher watching him change. What can I do for child protection?

gizela

2 May 2014
i have but they dont care what i say

is the law about the females teacher are not allowed into the boys change rooms to watch or change them and vise versa still in place

i have been told by other parents that they have a problem with this policy and they have no problem with the teachers its just the principle and vice principle are forcing the teachers to do this

Last edited by a moderator:

gizela

2 May 2014
i also spoke to department of education and also the police and i dont know what to do

John R

14 April 2014
Sydney
+1 for Winston Wolf's suggestion. The school principal is generally the person responsible for the care and wellbeing of students in a school. Have you discussed the uniform/change rules with them?

gizela

2 May 2014
i have spoken them and they will not do anything to change the rules.
+1 for Winston Wolf's suggestion. The school principal is generally the person responsible for the care and wellbeing of students in a school. Have you discussed the uniform/change rules with them?

gizela

2 May 2014
and speaking of principles she is useless her veiws on running the school is a joke . all that i know she spend her time on doing is firing and hiring teachers. each week a teacher resigns or gets fired . Parents are removing their child from the school because there is no stability in the school.

winston wolf

21 April 2014
Adelaide
changefpa.com.au
More information helps.
So you have said what you are unhappy about is the children being viewed while changing.
What is it you would prefer?
The children change together, but unsupervised?
The construction of separate change booths?
Perhaps you could go to school and help your son at change time?

BTW there is no legal remedy for this as no offence has occurred.

gizela

2 May 2014
my husband has dealt with youth and children phychlogy and he stated that it is illegal for that teacher to be unsupervised she needs to be with a female teachers in the female change room and they do not allow parents at school on their sports day the only time they allow parent to help is when they ask for help in certain areas

gizela

2 May 2014
oh by the way i am not the only parent who doesnt agree with our little children who is 5 and years old getting changed at school.