VIC Career pathways from Master of Health and Medical Law

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

brightgirl876

30 April 2020
Hi,
I work in health and have a postgrad degree in critical care and am interested in the Master of Health and Medical Law course, just wondering if anyone has completed this course/has information about career prospects/is it a waste of time? I'd be interested in eventually getting into management/executive roles in healthcare, although I don't have a specific plan/job in mind yet, I'm just brainstorming. There isn't much information on Uni websites. Tia

Poidah

9 November 2017
Qld
Medical and health law is probably useful if you are keen to work in academia or in medicolegal companies. Law firms would be less interested as they have their own network of expert witnesses etc to rely on and use.
It is definitely worthwhile if you are interested in it and your workplace has an appreciation of it. Usually clinical governance and higher policy areas may be interested, but usually a research project in a "hot" or popular area of interest would be more successful in landing a job or promotion...