QLD Car Towed - Paid to Get It Back

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

JohnnyChristo

20 October 2016
Hi,

Sorry to hear of your problem. He will charge a huge storage fee. Do not give him your ID.

If he refuses to give the car, present yourself to the police, identify yourself to them and they will tell him to give you the car, unfortunately, you will have to pay the fee.

M Livingstone

30 October 2016
I had my car towed away from Southbank recently. It was a Saturday night and my car has a newborn babyseat in it, so I think this made it a target. This company Brissy Towing charged me the highest fee because I put up a fight with them. They kept saying that's an extra $100 and then I threatened them and they said that's and extra $100.

The workers were all covered in tattoos and they looked like bikey gang members. I am going to the media about it, I can't really afford to take any legal action since it took all the money I had in my wallet and bank account to get my car back and I am the sole income earner in my family with a baby to support and we don't get any help from Centrelink.

If you need help in your case, I will be happy to be a witness in court.

Reactions: JohnnyChristo

JohnnyChristo

20 October 2016
The best way to hurt this creep is to let anyone know who parks there. Be careful some of the cars belong to him to bait other unsuspecting owners in. He loves a text message to let him know you've been helping him out lol.

But hide your phone number or you will get anonymous threats.

M Livingstone

30 October 2016
How do you know he monitors this thread?

He confessed to knowing the owner and apparently is valuable Art located inside the cafe but I think the coffee shop is horrible, why would anyone want to sit there and drink an overpriced coffee right next to a construction site?

I suspect that cafe is not really making any money at all, hence they have resorted to cash under the table from a dodgy tow truck company. Most of the businesses in that building closed down in the last 10 years. I can say there has been at least 7 different companies.

I have lived locally for the past 10 years so I know stuff. The Brissy Towing has only been around for 1 year, hence the signs still look fresh out of Signarama, which is very strange to see a plastic sign pasted onto a concrete wall. Anyone can walk past and just rip that thing right off with minimal effort. How can anyone possibly take that seriously when we are used to seeing warning signs that are metal and bolted into the wall?